: Blog with guides focused on FHEM
for a short
some loosely coupled useful modules / scripts which can be used with
Unix / OSX
- Make sure you have perl. Most certainly you will need the
Device::SerialPort perl module, install it with "sudo cpan
Device::SerialPort" or "apt-get install libdevice-serialport-perl".
- Download the
.tar.gz package, unpack it, and change to the unpacked directory.
- start FHEM directly from this directory (perl fhem.pl fhem.cfg).
- See the HOWTO_Windows.html for a
- If you are using cygwin for your perl installation you can
follow the guidelines for Unix.
As of Fritz!OS 6.20 AVM decided to remove all possibilities to start
"foreign" programs automatically after a reboot, that is why I advise
against deploying FHEM on the Fritz!BOX, see also this discussion
(in german). If you still insist:
- On the FB7390 or FB7490 install this image. Note: it
is needed additionally to the OS image from AVM.
- On the FB7270 unpack this zip file to a
USB-Disk, attach the disk to the FritzBox, log in, and start FHEM from
After the installation follow the HOWTO for adding
devices or try out the demo configuration by starting fhem with:
perl fhem.pl fhem.cfg.demo
License: GPL (v2)
Thanks to TOSTi for inspiration.